Sustainable Development Goals
We support the ambitions of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, or Global Goals.
The vision of the Global Goals international action plan is to set out a positive vision for the future - to tackle poverty and inequality and promote sustainable development across the world. There are 17 Global Goals which form the basis of a global partnership for sustainable development.
The work of Falkirk Active Travel Hub contributes to 10 of these goals:
Through our information service, skills training and events programme we aim to increase the number of everyday cycling and walking journeys to help:
- support communities to be more resilient in adapting to a changing climate reduce air, noise and water pollution
- improve overall health and wellbeing
- improve confidence through quality training on how to fix bikes and cycle safely
- access a range of electric bikes to try so that people can consider an alternative, clean and affordable mode of travel to the car
- make stronger neighbourhoods; less vehicle traffic reduces noise pollution and congestion
- employers to support their employees to actively travel to work
- everyone access public bike share for leisure and work, reducing inequalities
Short commutes by bike of around 5 miles to work each day can contribute to reduced levels of carbon dioxide emissions, air and water pollution and combat global climate change.
> Back To Top